Ordering fast food Funny jokes and anecdotes

• View author's info Author Posted on Sep 19, 2011 at 06:11 AM

One night, a few co-workers at the computer data centre where I work stayed late and we all started to get hungry. We decided to order in food by phone, but our boss thought that, since we work with computers, it would be more appropriate to order by Internet. After we contacted a fast food chain's web site and spent a long time registering as new customers for the delivery service, a message appeared on the screeen: Thank you for your business. You will be able to order food in three days.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 1Comment

• View author's info Posted on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Well, not something you can order out but I like going to better quality restaurants. I have found I can have a better and more filling meal than something inferior at a fast food. Except for Taco Bell, I avoid fast foods. But when it comes down to it, I can cook better myself. I can prepare a good meal in about 15 minutes. Stir fry or BBQ. Between several frying pans, three ovens and three microwaves it can easily be a 5 course meal. I can also churn out a gallon or two of ice cream or sherbet inside 15 minutes. Pies, cakes and bread take a bit longer to cook. But I could be on a sofa getting or giving kissing lessons.
    I long ago made up my mind that if I ever get married I will at least give my wife breakfast in bed once a week. And I really would like to do at least half the cooking. Better yet, we cook the meals together. I have had several homes with electric dish washers. Unless I am sanitizing bottles to brew beer or wine. I have never used them. I can wash dishes far better and faster by hand. I have a system. I can have them all done for a party of 8, again inside of 15 minutes including things like a greasy roast pan. Well, I'll sometimes take the really dirty pans outside to the shed and use my power washer on them. Not much grease or food will hold on when hit with a 2250 foot pound stream of steaming soapy water.
    Actually, I have two kitchens. The main one is in the house, the other in the shed. The one in the shed only lacks a sink. But it has a refrigerator, freezer, microwave, bread machine, oven, stove and oven plus a few other things. Even my car has a coffee brewer. I have an inverter that gives 120 VAC power from the cigarette lighter socket. When I have gone camping I often heat up a meal just placing it on top of the engine block. As for my outdoor BBQ I can cook with Mesquite Charcoal, Propane or Solar. That charcoal burns so hot it will melt steel. The solar isn't far behind. Don't care for the propane as it gives a bad flavor to meat.

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment