Dating Ideas From Inexpensive to Expensive Comments and Suggestions

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 01:27 AM

The first date is not just about restaurants and movies. Here are some great first date ideas starting with the very cheap, more expensive to the extravagant:

1. Beach - Take a picnic, a bottle of wine and a rug, and spend the day catching the sun together. Or, you could take a dip together - all that splashing about is bound to be great fun.

2. Picnic by a river - Prepare a basket of goodies, a chilled bottle of wine and enjoy the day relaxing in each other's company.

3. The movies - Let your date choose the film. It will show good gesture if you don’t have the same taste in films.

4. Theme Park - Big or small, everybody loves theme parks. Triple loop roller coasters, dodgems, candy floss - the ideal date for the big kid in us.

5. Eat in - Show off your culinary skills and ask them round for dinner. Don’t overdo the candles and music, or you may frighten them away.

6. Indoor ice skating, or rollerblading in the park - You can lean against each other for balance and warmth.

7. A sporting activity that you both like.

8. Kite flying - My partner and I did this a few year back. It wasn’t our first date, but it was one of the best days we have ever spent together.

9. A trip to the zoo - Everyone likes animals so a trip to the zoo makes for a perfect date.

10. Local museum or art gallery - This is only a good idea if you are both interested in museums.

• 2Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 23, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Even better than a movie go to a live musical or play. She will be certain to love that.

Another really good one is go to a lake where the rent sail boats. Even without experience you will be able to sail down wind. Getting stuck is half the fun. Then you get to show some muscle rowing back to the dock.

One time, at a beach in Cozumel Mexico, I dove repeatedly to the ocean bottom retrieving sea shells, sand dollars and coral to give to the lady I was with.

Another time for something really different, I took a date Parasailing. That was also in Cozumel. A bit of advice is make sure the tow boat has plenty of gas. And discuss with the tow boat pilot how you would rather go into the water than into a building or sailboat mast on the beach. Accidents are rare but this will eliminate even them.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 01:32 AM

hha ,nice idea