Is my preference for Asian women a form of racism? Singles who are online

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 18, 2012 at 06:41 PM

I had NOT previously signed onto an Asian-Dating site because I thought that it would brand me as racist. Instead I signed onto date sites like ChristianMingle and Match.com. What I found though was that I viewed and messaged only a few of the hopeful entrants .... all of them happened to be Asian. O.K. I confess a true affinity toward the Orient. Does it mean I am racist. You tell me?? My thinking is that we cannot change who we are or who we are attracted to. In the end, here I am registered for a few months on AsianWomenDate.com joining the many "hopefuls" who are searching. Did I make a mistake?
         What are your thoughts?

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 1Comment

• View author's info Posted on Jul 22, 2012 at 08:02 PM

Quoting author:

I had NOT previously signed onto an Asian-Dating site because I thought that it would brand me as racist. Instead I signed onto date sites like ChristianMingle and Match.com. What I found though was that I viewed and messaged only a few of the hopeful entrants .... all of them happened to be Asian. O.K. I confess a true affinity toward the Orient. Does it mean I am racist. You tell me?? My thinking is that we cannot change who we are or who we are attracted to. In the end, here I am registered for a few months on AsianWomenDate.com joining the many "hopefuls" who are searching. Did I make a mistake?
         What are your thoughts?

Still wondering if my direct search specifically for an Asian woman, preferrably one who lives nearby, is "politically correct?".
    Not that it matters much anymore since I have "put it out there". We cannot change our preferences. I think that only  "prejudice AGAINST" is wrong. Anyone else see it this way too?
Follow - email me when people comment